If you obtain business manager visa in Japan; either you can start your own business in or you can manage the existing business in Japan.
This article is applicable for two groups of people:
- If you are currently in Japan and trying to get the business manager visa, or
- If you are foreign nationals who do not currently have any Japanese visa but trying to get a business manager visa from overseas
For those who are applying for business visa from overseas, at first, you will get 1-year startup visa. After arriving in Japan, you have to complete below-mentioned process.
But, if you are currently in Japan, you can start your process right away from starting from step no 1.
Process to Obtain Business Manager Visa in Japan
Step 1: Understanding the Preliminary Documents
If you are trying to start your own business
- You need to register a company in Japan
- You need to have a physical office in Japan
If you are going to manage the existing business in Japan
- You should have three years of experiences in the field of business management or operation.
- Your salary for the Job should be same as Japanese nationals for the same category of job.
Step 2: Assembling the Further Required Documents
After you decided under which proposed of activities that you are seeking the business manager visa in Japan, your next step is to assemble further supporting documents.
- Business Plan — This should cover your types of business, how you are going to market your goods or service, and further business strategies along with business operation, management, and financial activities.
- Company Registration Copies (Tokibo Tohon) — You can find the complete guide for company registration process and how can you obtain copies in the link given below. Find Here — How to Register a Company and Get Copies of Registration
- Statement of Profit and Loss — It should be in Japanese and can be prepared from professional Japanese accountant.
- Document to Proof Number of Full Time Employees and Payroll Information— Keep in mind that you need to have at least two full-time employees. Employees can be either Japanese nationals or foreign nationals with permanent residence.
Payroll documentation should include the basic salary, withholding tax and deduction for social insurance and labor insurance.
- Photographs of Your Office
- Document certifying your capital of investment
- Document certifying your role in the company as well as your job duration and salary information
- If you are trying to existing business in Japan, you need to have documents certifying your previous carrier and your certificate of graduation indicating major in management or administration
Step 3: Application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Certificate of eligibility is a document which is issued by Japanese Immigration Authorities. It is the means to certify you that you can handle the specific job category of in Japan.
The application for COE should be submitted to a nearest regional immigration office in Japan.
Usually, you will get the approval of COE for business manager visa within four to six weeks. As soon as your COE is approved, you will receive a notice regarding your COE is ready to pick up from the regional immigration office.
Step 4: Receiving the Resident Card of Business Manager Status
One your COE gets approved, you need to change your status to the business manager or investor visa and you will receive your new status of residence card.
To change your status, you must complete certain procedures which is explained in the link given below.
This completes the procedure to obtain business manager visa in Japan.
We are not related to any advisory and consulting companies. All the information herein is published in good faith and for general information purpose only and not for providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any issue or problem.