Hurry up! Probably, it might be the last chance that you can register for the DV Lottery program. These are all information required for DV Lottery Form online registration.
Even one single mistake will disqualify your application for the draw of the EDV Lottery Program. This information guide will help you to complete the online registration of DV Lottery with no error.
EDV Lottery 2022 Entry Period
DV Lottery program for 2021 will be opened for the public at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4) on October 7, 2020, and ending at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5) on November 10, 2020.
The law allows only one entry per person during each registration period. The Department of State uses sophisticated technology to detect multiple entries. If you submit more than one entry, you will be disqualified from the program.
Information Required For DV Lottery Form Online Registration
1) Name – Last/family name, first name, middle name – exactly as it appears on your passport. If you have only one name, it must be entered in the last/family name field.
2) Gender – male or female.
3) Birthdate – day, month, year.
4) City where you were born.
5) Country where you were born – Use the country’s name currently used for the place where you were born.
6) Country of eligibility for the DV program – Your country of eligibility will generally be the same as your country of birth. Your country of eligibility is not related to where you live or your nationality if it is different from your country of birth.
7) Entrant photograph(s) – Recent photographs (taken within the last six months) of yourself, your spouse, and all your children. Submitting the same photograph that was submitted with a prior year’s entry will result in disqualification. See DV Lottery Photography Guidelines for details.
8) Mailing Address – In Care Of
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Postal Code/Zip Code
9) Country where you live today – Enter the country that you live in the right at the time of filling the form.
10) Phone number (optional) – If you do not want to give your phone number, you can ignore this field.
11) Email address – An email address to which you have direct access and will continue to have direct access.
12) Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today – Select from one of these options (a) Primary school only, (b) Some high school, no diploma, (c) High school diploma, (d) Vocational school, (e) Some university courses, (f) University degree, (g) Some graduate-level courses, (h) Master’s degree, (i) Some doctoral-level courses, and (j) Doctorate.
13) Current marital status – Select from one of these options (a) Unmarried, (b) married and my spouse is NOT a U.S. citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), (c) married, and my spouse IS a U.S. citizen or U.S. LPR, (d) divorced, (e) widowed, or (f) legally separated.
Enter the name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth of your spouse, and a photograph of your spouse meeting the same technical specifications as your photo.
14) Number of children – List the name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth for all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether they are living with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you, should you immigrate to the United States.
Be sure to include: all living natural children; all living children legally adopted by you; and, all living step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.
Married children and children already aged 21 or older when you submit your entry are not eligible for the DV program.
New Updates for EDV Lottery
The principal applicant needs to have a valid, unexpired international passport during registration. While submitting the DV Lottery application form, the principal applicant should enter the passport number, country of issuance, and expiration date.
But if you are stateless, or a national of a Communist-controlled country and unable to obtain a passport from the government of the Communist-controlled country or the beneficiary of an individual waiver approved by the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of State – you do not need to enter your passport information.