If you are trying to change your status other than Permanent Resident in Japan, here you can find the complete list of documents required to change visa status in Japan.
List of Documents Required to Change Visa Status in Japan
For all cases, the following are the documents required to change visa status in Japan.
- Application form for change of status of residence in Japan. You can find the application form from the link given below.
- One copy of the Photo (4cm*3cm)
- A photo should be a single photo
- Face squarely to the front and remove any hats, caps, or head covering stuff
- The background of a photo should be plain with no shadows
- Photo must be sharp and clear
- A photo should not be before three months while applying.
- You will need your passport and a resident card. Or, you can have the official copy of the resident information on the alien registration if you do not have the resident card yet.
- A statement of reasons with the documents that describe the activities that you will engage in Japan.
- Supportive certification for your new activity. For example, if you are going to have a full-time job, submit your employment contract, or if you are trying to change your status to a student, submit a copy of a certificate of admission from the educational institution.
- Especially if you are changing your job, you would need a letter of release from the former employer, which is sometimes called a certification of leaving work. And you do also require a certificate of a tax deduction.
- For the students, if you are going to join the full-time job and want to change your visa status, you will need your graduation certificate and a certificate of registered matters of the employer you are joining work and its statutory record.
- Suppose you are trying to change your visa status to spouse or child of a Japanese national visa or long-term resident visa. In that case, you will need the documents certifying the personal relationship between the person concerned and the Japanese nationals, copies of the registration certificate, or the passport of the Japanese citizens. Besides this, you also need a letter of guarantee from the person living in Japan.
- Besides the documents mentioned above, for your case-specific, you might need the case-specific documents. You can find all visa category case-specific documentation from the link given below.
Find Here — Case-Specific Documents for All Visa Category
Usually, these are the most important documents required to change visa status in Japan. As we already mentioned, for some instances, you will need case-specific documentation. You can find the list of all visa types case-specific documents from the link given above, which is from the official website of the Japanese Immigration Bureau.
We are not related to any advisory and consulting companies. All the information herein is published in good faith and for general information purpose only and not for providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice for any issue or problem.
This content is prepared with reference to the official website of the Japanese Immigration Bureau.
You can visit the website of the Japanese Immigration Bureau from the following link.