Do you want to know latest information and news regarding Juno Mission ? Do you want to what exactly is Juno Mission ? Or, if you are looking for technical specification of Juno Mission ? Keep on reading this, you will get all the answer for above questions.
All About Juno Mission
Juno is a NASA Probe as one of the current project. It is an orbiter probe or spacecraft which was launched to study about the biggest planet of our solar system that is Jupiter. On August 5th 2011 one of the world’s most powerful rocket launch the Juno probe. The name of the rocket is Atlas V551 weighing 650 tons with the speed of 4500 miles/hr.
Juno is made up of scientific instruments like:
- Gravity Science
- Magnetometer (MAG)
- Jupiter Energetic Particle Detector Instrument (JEDI)
- Jovian Auroral Distribution Experiment (JADE)
- Ultraviolet Imaging Spectrograph (UVS)
- Jovian Infrared Auroral Mapper
It was designed and built in more than 10 years by hundreds of scientist and engineers across five countries. The main probe was built by Lockheed Martin. Instrument for the construction of Juno come from all over the world but it was assembled and put on the Atlas Rocket in Kennedy space center in Florida.
After crossing inner solar system it was found that Juno is successfully entered the orbit of Jupiter in July 4 2016.During the origination of our solar systemaround 5 billion years ago stars in our galaxies exploded and the explosion of stars forms clusters of huge mass of gas and dust. From that the part if the mass the huge element is formed as sun and the remaining form the components in the solar system and the majority forms Jupiter. It is believed that among the planets Jupiter is formed at the first so study of Jupiter is supposed about the origin of the solar system, formation of earth and the basic formation of life.
The main objectives or mission of this Juno probe are as follows:
- As the composition of Jupiter is found to be unchanged from the formation of the solar system so it will helps us to get history of 5 billion years ago.
- Juno will also help to know about the type of material that contribute the composition of Jupiter.
- It will discover how Jupiter will truly like.
- It will also test about the ideas of the formation of planets.
- It will helps us to understand where and how the giant planets are formed by measuring the amount of water in Jupiter.
- Juno will map the gravity and magnetic field of Jupiter and will teaches us about the planet’s hidden interior and whether it has as solid core or not.
As Jupiter is the first planet formed in the solar system and the composition of it does not changes till now then Juno will help us to find the history of the solar system. So, to unlock the history of planet it is believed that Jupiter is gateway and Juno is its key.
How Juno is communicating to earth?
When Juno is in the way then it will communicates in the earth stations using the antennas on the Atlas rocket through radio waves.After detaching the spacecraft from the rocket, it will communicate with earth directly through radio wave.
How long is the mission of Juno?
It is to be noted that the Juno which was launched to discover the secrets of Jupiter will orbit for 20 months and it will complete its mission in February of 2018.